Karma Yoga Volunteer information and conditions
The SCW Confest is based on the principles of Yoga. One of the practices of yoga is Karma yoga. This is the practice of undertaking work and doing it to the highest and best of your abilities, with an attitude of grace and openness. Karma yoga assists the personality to develop and allows the impressions that hold us back to fall away over time. Karma yoga also allows the practitioners to be involved in a different aspect of SCW, which is “how do we make it all happen running on yoga principles”.
There are a number of places offered at SCW for Karma Yoga volunteers. As a Karma Yoga volunteer you will
- help with the overall running of the Confest. The work you do will be vital to the efficient and effective running and experience of the whole Confest.
- have fun, working with a wonderful team of people, and assisting everyone to have a great experience over the Confest.
- be able to choose the areas of work according to your skills, interests – such as transport; registration; children’s activities; audio visuals and IT; ushering people to accommodation; presentations and workshops; recycling and waste management; information desk; water refilling station; workshop assistant; Confest set up; Confest pack down etc.
- have clear instructions.
- have a Karma Yoga supervisor to report to.
- have plenty of time to attend workshops, classes and activities around your Karma yoga responsibilities.
As a Karma Yoga volunteer, you will be expected to provide four hours of Karma yoga per day.
We ask that you register for the whole Confest and be available for four days.
The registration cost for Karma Yoga volunteers just covers the cost of all meals and your choice of accommodation – camping with your own equipment, camping with a hired swag or a bunk in bunkhouse. The costs of the Confest itself are absorbed by the Confest committee in recognition of your contribution to SCW 2019.